I went about it a little bit differently than the original, based on what I had at hand and my own preferences. But credit for the original idea definitely goes to Somewhat Simple!
First, I tore my fabric, and ironed it.
But I hate hand gathering as it says to do in the original tut. So I used my handy dandy ruffler foot. This thing looks so very intimidating to me, but once I figured it out, I really love it!
Then I traced a circle on my felt for the base and cut it out, as well as free-handed a heart. I also used a white heart button I had in my stash instead of 2 felt hearts. Use what ya got!
Next came hot gluing everything down. I used Fray Check on the ends of my fabric so that they wouldn't unravel with wear and tear.
I added a small hair clip to the back of mine instead of gluing it to the headband itself as originally called for.