Jonah has a lot of blankets. The child will never need for warmth (...or kindling in the future). Anyway, I found this fabric panel at Hancock Fabrics and the flannel for the reverse at Joann.
I would normally have done basically a big pillow and then some top-stitching, but I've really been wanting to practice using bias tape. Especially around curves. So, in order not to have to miter the corners and to work with the bias tape, I rounded the corners. From all the tips I'd read online the key is to use lots and lots of pins and sew slowly. So that's what I did and lo and behold - it wasn't that bad! Really, it was quite easy and I am thrilled with the finished product.
Next time I want to try adding in a layer of think batting to give my top-stitching some real depth!